Where : St. Peter's Church - Vienna
Discovering St. Peter's Church
If you like Sacred Art, or perhaps simply gorgeous art in general - then make sure to add (the small but breathtaking) St Peter’s Church!
It's a 17th century church with a beautiful front view from Graben street. Perhaps the exterior of the building isn't indicative of the beauty inside. So don't let that stop you from entering !
More on the church
According to our search on Wikipedia, the church is built in a Baroque style, which was inspired by St. Peter’s Basilica of the Vatican in Rome. If you're an art or architectural enthusiast, the view of the dome and altar will amaze you. It oozes with rich details and colours, which all come together in harmony.
Do we recommend ?
Yes. It's a small but really beautiful church. We didn’t take a guided tour, but you might think differently. We enjoyed a quick visit with some peaceful moment since it wasn't busy at the time.
Serge: 4 Eli: 5
More time to Discover Vienna ? Consider these other attractions !
* St Stephen's Cathedral for the architecture enthusiasts.
* Karlskirche is a great discovery inside and out.
* St Peter's church's great inner details.
* The Belvedere Palace for the gardens and inside if time permits
* The famous and classic Schönbrunn Palace !
Other cool places !
* Start with a FreeWalking tour - Good Vienna Tours.
* Nice any day of the week is the Naschmarkt (street market)
* If you like cool and different, check out - Hundertwasserhaus !
* Try going through Heldenplatz when visiting the MuseumQuartier.
Also, keep an eye on our growing picture library
* Discovering Vienna - Flickr